On February 27th this year, Pokémon will celebrate 20 years of catching small animals and making them fight until they can’t stand (or flop, in the case of Magikarp). To mark two decades of Catching Them All, fans are invited to head to their nearest GAME store in February, where they can discover and collect the first special Pokémon character to be distributed through 2016.
Owners of Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X or Pokémon Y for the 3DS can head into their local shop throughout the entire month of February and collect their very own Mew, first of the Mythical Pokémon. Mew is of course said to possess the genetic make-up of all Pokémon, and is capable of making itself invisible at will, so it can avoid detection easily. In game, your new Pokémon will include
- Level: 100
- Type: Psychic
- Ability: synchronize
- Move: Pound
In order to receive your special Mew, you can head in store yourself, or send somebody you trust, to pick up your special code, printed on receipt at no charge. You can then activate this on your 3DS console by following the steps just below. As ever let us know if we can be of any assistance, we’re always happy to help people get the most out of their games!
- Make sure your Nintendo 3DS system is connected to the internet. For Nintendo Customer Service, go to support. Nintendo UK, FR, DE, IT, or SP
- Open your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game.
- Select MYSTERY GIFT on the main menu.
- Select RECEIVE GIFT, then YES.
- Select GET WITH CODE, then YES, then YES again to connect to the internet.
- Enter your code.
- Watch as you receive your Mythical Pokémon Mew.
- Speak to the delivery girl in any Pokémon Center to receive your Mew.
- Be sure to save your game.
As ever let us know if we can be of any assistance, we’re always happy to help people get the most out of their games!